About the program
Our pool program for all conditions allows you to unload your weight and take stress off your joints while you strengthen muscles around the joint. As the muscles around your joints become stronger and better able to stabilize them, you will have less stress and less pain on your joints.
In the pool, you are unloading the joints at the same time as you are placing resistance on the muscles. After 2 to 3 months of pool therapy, you will find that with every step you take, your muscles take more of the stress off the joint and fewer aggravating forces go through our weight bearing joints.
BENEFITS OF USING OUR AQUATIC THERAPY PROGRAM
- Overall core and extremity strengthening/conditioning
- Isolate and exercise specific muscle groups
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Decrease pain and muscle soreness
- Improved endurance and cardiovascular function
- Improved metabolism for weight loss
- Less impact on exercising muscles and joints
- A quicker recovery post surgery
- Reduces stress and decreases fatigue
- Decreases swelling and improves circulation
- Improves balance
Aquatic Physical Therapy is the safest form of exercise, especially for weight bearing injuries. The buoyancy of the water eliminates the impact and trauma from weight bearing joints such as the knees and the hips.
In chest deep water, your body weight is 70% less, in neck deep water it is 90% less and in deep water, wearing a flotation belt, you can perform strengthening exercises to individual muscle groups in a gravity free or non-weight bearing environment. Recovery is not only safer, but also quicker.
Conditions helped by Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hips, knees, frozen shoulders
- Ankle sprains
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain conditions
- Neurological disorders
Aquatic Therapy is perfect for a post surgical therapy program. Water provides the safest place for rehabbing a joint without overly stressing the joint or site of repair. Patients who use the combination of pool and land program prior to the surgery return to full function quicker than those who become inactive before surgery.
Sessions begin on April 16, 2018
Monday - Thursday
11:00am - 12:00am
Individual Sessions are also available